Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Burden of Leadership

One of the hardest things about running a website as large and as popular as mine is making creative decisions on the executive level. Certainly I can get input from my readers (though my stats currently show that I have zero readers). I can also take suggestions from my large and well-paid staff.  But when push comes to shove, I have to be the guy to step up and make the tough calls.

That said, I must announce my most significant decision to-date: I am changing the title of my blog. Although I realize that some of you hypothetically may have become very attached to the original title, "The Occasional Retreat," I have decided it's time to move on.
 
I have considered the following list of possible titles: inkworm, predictable disasters, retreat, crystal moth, one inch deep, "here's to you, apocalypse," aa bail bonds, the leaking balloon, runaway kite, tree kite, "head gear, rubberbands," and bike vs. pedestrian.

Some of these titles, I realize, suffer from the same problem as the original title - they are lame. Others may be trying too hard; others might be confusing or terrible.  So, nebulous, non-existent audience, I ask: what do you think. Which title is best?

No comments:

Post a Comment