Saturday, April 16, 2011

First Post


A word on why I wanted to create this blog: I've been checking out other people's sites lately and reading a lot on line.  These days I'm a big fan of Faith Gardner's site "By Faith Alone"; like everyone else I've loved McSweeney's Internet Tendency forever; I've been loving Seth Fried and Thomas Cooper. I like Jason Jordan's site for ideas about where to look for things to read. I like Ravi Mangla and Amber Sparks. I love to visit the site of the great Carol Peters who's been a great friend and teacher as well as a literary inspiration.  I've sent fan mail to stars such as Laurel Gilbert and Andy Mozina. I've been rejected by some of the nation's leading publications.

So I woke up today and told myself that I want to be a part of the conversation too. I figured I would go ahead and create this blog for the world to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment